How to use Display PostScript to preview PS?

Marc Pawliger marc at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com
Sat Jan 5 10:52:38 AEST 1991

In article <9632 at pitt.UUCP>, jonathan at cs.pitt.edu (Jonathan Eunice) writes:
|> How does one use DPS to preview PostScript files?  I can execute
|> PostScript code that I hand-type by using the program
|> /usr/lpp/DPS/bin/dpsexec, but I have yet to find a way of getting it to
|> read a pre-created PostScript file.

dpsexec is just the interactive version of the PostScript interpreter.
You can use the PS command 'run' to read from a file like so:

  % /usr/lpp/DPS/bin/dpsexec
  PostScript(r) Version 1006.6
  Copyright (c) 1984, '85, '86, '87, '88, '89 Adobe Systems Incorporated.
  Typefaces Copyright (c) 1981 Linotype AG and/or its subsidiaries.
  All Rights Reserved.
  PS> (/path/to/the/file.ps)run

Check out the PS "red book" for more details.

+---Marc Pawliger---IBM Advanced Workstations Division---Palo Alto, CA---+
|    Internet: marc at ibminet.awdpa.ibm.com    VNET:    MARCP at AUSVM6    |
|     UUCP:     uunet!ibmsupt!ibmpa!marc      Phone:   (415) 855-3493    |
+------IBMinet:  marc at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com------IBM T/L:  465-3493--------+

These are my opinions, not IBM's etc etc etc