How to use Display PostScript to preview PS?

Brian Johnsen johnsen at bcstec.boeing.com
Sat Jan 5 09:52:54 AEST 1991

In article <9632 at pitt.UUCP> jonathan at cs.pitt.edu (Jonathan Eunice) writes:
>How does one use DPS to preview PostScript files?  I can execute
>PostScript code that I hand-type by using the program
>/usr/lpp/DPS/bin/dpsexec, but I have yet to find a way of getting it to
>read a pre-created PostScript file.  Is there some way that I'm
>missing, or some other preview program I've overlooked?  Or must I hack
>the /usr/lib/DPS/examples/dpsexec source to add a "read from file"
>option?

Get into the DPS window where you can enter PostScript commands
interactively.  ( with a prepared file handy somewhere ) and at the
prompt you can enter :

PS> (~/hand_created_postscript_filename) run

The run command will interpret the string in the parens as a filename.
I have only been able to run files relative to my $HOME however.
I've started up DPS in the directory where the PS file is, but still have
to feed DPS ($HOME/Ps/filename.ps) to get from here to there.