rlogin - problem solved!

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Tue Jan 22 23:25:50 AEST 1991

Recently I posted that rlogin had ceased to work on my 6000.
Telnet continued to work, but rlogin had failed.

The problem occurred because, somehow, inetd got confused about
running rlogind.  A "kill -1" to inetd caused it to reset, and everything
was O.K.  (I should have been able to figure that out on my own.)

My thanks to someone from <<IBM>> who called and left a message
to this effect.  Imagine, someone from IBM, reading news, and calling
to help, without a problem number, etc, etc! Amazing...
This makes twice I have received useful help from IBM on the net.
(Funny thing though, I get better support from IBM on the net than I
do via telephone from "Defective Support.")
--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Dun and Bradstreet Software, Inc (404) 239-2347
{emory,gatech}!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

Look closely at the return address.  It is nanovx and NOT nanovAx.