Slow login process under AOS after installing NIS

Hugo Calendar hugo at saturn.ucsc.edu
Sun Jan 27 23:00:00 AEST 1991

One of my RTs freezes up for a few minutes upon login.  The machine
runs AOS, and I recently installed NIS.  I can't think of anything
else I've changed recently that could have this effect.  /etc/motd
gets displayed, then it freezes for a while, then you get your
prompt.

Any help or suggestios are appreciated.

Thanks,
Hugo

--
Hugo Calendar  ...!ucbvax!ucscc!spica!hugo   CmpEng/Math Undergraduate
215 Weeks Avenue      hugo at saturn.ucsc.edu   IBM RT AIX/AOS/MACH Admin