xman on AIX

Ronald S Woan woan at nowhere
Fri Mar 1 10:00:05 AEST 1991

In article <AGW.91Feb28095126 at cs.cs.columbia.edu> agw at cs.columbia.edu writes:
>Having setenv MANPATH to be /usr/local/man:/usr/man, I have found that
>xman can only find the local stuff.  This is because the man pages for
>AIX on a RISC600 are on a CD.  (The usual man directories /usr/man are
>provided, but are empty.)
>
>Has anybody figured out how to get xman to find the CD man pages?

Not exactly sure why you would want to use xman except to have a
consistent interface. Anyway, take a look at the BSD administration
document in /usr/lpp/bos for information on how to generate the man
pages from the CD for use with xman or whatnot.

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin at iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +