Network Time Protocol

Mark R. Ludwig mrl at uai.com
Thu May 9 09:12:56 AEST 1991

Has anyone successfully implemented the Network Time Protocol on an
RS/6000?  I have managed to get version 3.4 (patch 13) built, but it
seems to be silently not working.  The code is heavily-dependent on
BSD semantics and include structure, but using -lbsd and -D_BSD seems
to have enabled the appropriate compatibility modes.  (Can someone
tell me what -D_BSD *does* anyway?)  Are there any other incantations
which might help?  I am allowing the Makefile to default to ``cc''
instead of ``xlc'' and I'm not sure that's correct, either.$$
--
INET: mrl at uai.com       UUCP: uunet!uaisun4!mrl       PSTN: +1 213 822 4422
USPS: 7740 West Manchester Boulevard, Suite 208, Playa del Rey, CA  90293