Has anyone ported GNU-make to IBM RS-6000/AIX?

David A Guidry guidry at casbah.acns.nwu.edu
Sat May 4 16:13:53 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr24.200143.26406 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> andreess at mrlaxe.mrl.uiuc.edu (Marc Andreessen) writes:
>In article <JAE.91Apr24131258 at pv031e.iastate.edu> jae at iastate.edu (Edwards John Andrew) writes:
>>   The title says it all:  Has anyone ported GNU-make to the IBM RS-6000
>>   running AIX?  I ran into troubles with arscan.c (the format of AIX's .a
>>   files appears to be somewhat alternative), but before I dig into it, I
>>   figured I'd try the net to see if someone's already solved this.
>
>Look on export.lcs.mit.edu, in contrib/gmake-6000.tar.Z.  I ported

Well, I ported it from export...let it sit around a few days and accidently
nuked it.  I tried porting it from export again and export seems to have
had every record of its existence wiped from the face of the earth.  Does
anybody know the current FQDN for this machine?  Anybody know the IP#?

While I'm at it...where can emacs-18.57 be found?

Dave
--
David A. Guidry      |  empire: guaranteed to      | Unfortunately, we did not
Student Consultant   |  lower your GPA by 2 pts    | realize that he was stupid