Install an image backup onto a machine of different model

David J. Kleikamp shaggy at kleikamp.austin.ibm.com
Thu May 30 07:13:07 AEST 1991

In article <963 at airgun.wg.waii.com> markw at airgun.wg.waii.com (Mark Whetzel) writes:

|>The reverse of making 530 tapes to take to the 320 did not work for us.
|>Something about the internal hard disk controller on the 320.  Code for
|>that driver was not supplied with 530 build tapes.
|>
|>Or at least that was the story were were told. :-)
|>
|>We had to re-install on the 320 from system tapes sent for that machine
|>from Austin (or where ever they make install tapes).

I don't know where you heard that, but the tapes send out of IBM (They
are actually shipped out of Boulder.) are not different for 320's or 530's
or any other specific model.  The same tape that installs on a 530 should
install on a 320 as well.

David J. "Shaggy" Kleikamp	dave at kleikamp.austin.ibm.com
The content of this posting is independent of official IBM position.
External: uunet!cs.utexas.edu!ibmaus!auschs!kleikamp.austin.ibm.com!dave