disk quota

David A Guidry guidry at casbah.acns.nwu.edu
Fri May 17 10:03:03 AEST 1991

In article <91136.145258AER7101 at TECHNION.BITNET> AER7101 at TECHNION.BITNET (Zvika Bar-Deroma) writes:
>In article <1991May14.155119.40931 at slate.mines.colorado.edu>,
>bware at slate.mines.colorado.edu (Bob Ware) says:

>I agree - disk quotas, are a real necessity when dealing with multiuser
>servers !  IBM - let's see it in 3.2...  !

Ditto to that.

>As for the suggestion to given
>each user his own filesystem, this sounds like a bad joke to me !

Don't laugh...just look at CMS,
IBM took care of security interests by wasting TONS of disk space.
Everybody has their own separate part of the disk.

Dave

--
David A. Guidry      |  empire: guaranteed to      | Unfortunately, we did not
Student Consultant   |  lower your GPA by 2 pts    | realize that he was stupid