disk quota

Zvika Bar-Deroma AER7101 at TECHNION.BITNET
Fri May 17 00:34:57 AEST 1991

In article <1991May14.155119.40931 at slate.mines.colorado.edu>,
bware at slate.mines.colorado.edu (Bob Ware) says:

>In article <81533 at bu.edu> jdh at bu-pub.bu.edu (Jason Heirtzler) writes:
>>
>>Personally, I don't think you can run a real student timesharing machine
>>without the ability to use disk quotas.
>>

>I agree.  We are finding it is a serious problem.
>
>--
>Bob Ware, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Co 80401, USA
>(303) 273-3987
>bware at mines.colorado.edu bware at slate.mines.colorado.edu bware at mines.bitnet
I agree - disk quotas, are a real necessity when dealing with multiuser
servers !  IBM - let's see it in 3.2...  ! As for the suggestion to given
each user his own filesystem, this sounds like a bad joke to me !

/Zvika

Zvika Bar-Deroma                                  Phone: (+972)-4-292706
Faculty of Aerospace Engineering,                 Fax  : (+972)-4-231848
Technion
Haifa 32000
Israel

BITNET        :   AER7101 at TECHNION
Internet      :   AER7101 at TECHNION.TECHNION.AC.IL
UUCP          :   ...!uunet!pucc.princeton.edu!technion!aer7101