Mapping DEL to ^? (\127)

Jim Graham zjdg11 at hou.amoco.com
Wed May 29 03:54:49 AEST 1991

In article <3502 at opal.cs.tu-berlin.de> czahl at opal.cs.tu-berlin.de (Christian Zahl) writes:
>flint at cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Daniel Baldoni) writes:
>
>>	How can I remap the <DELETE> key on a HFT terminal so that
>>	it actually registers as a <DEL> character (decimal 127)?
>
>On a PS/2 there is a program called "defkey" which is interactive driven.

There is an even easier way to do it....just enter the following commands
(note:  the ^? is <carat><?> --- same for the ^H)

$ stty intr '^?'
$ stty erase '^H'

and, of course, the $ is your prompt.  this could be added to your .profile
(or .login, .cshrc, .bashrc, etc.) and would be executed each time someone
logs on.

for more info on this, just type "man stty" for the man pages.

--

Standard disclaimer....These thoughts are mine, not my employer's, and I'm
on my time...not my employer's.

Share and Enjoy!  (Sirius Cybernetics Corporation, complaints division)
73, de n5ial

Internet:  grahj at gagme.chi.il.us          (NOTE DIFFERENT E-MAIL ADDRESS !!!)
Amateur Radio:
   TCP/IP:    jim at n5ial.ampr.org (44.72.47.193)
   Packet:    n5ial at wb9mjn (Chicago, IL USA)