Who has ported emacs to AIX 3.1? Diffs for 3.9 or 3.10 wanted!

Rich Braun rbraun at spdcc.COM
Wed May 22 04:14:10 AEST 1991

markuss at nadia.stgt.sub.org (Markus Schulte) writes:
>I have spent a couple of days trying to port emasc3.10 to
>AIX 3.1 on our RS6000. Now I will quit!

Emacs version 18.57 from prep.ai.mit.edu works on the RS/6000 straight
out-of-the-box.  I had very little trouble compiling it from source
code using 'cc'.  I'm not sure of your version numbers 3.10 and 3.9;
you must have gotten it from some source other than the FSF.  Get the
"real" version from the FSF or from uunet.uu.net.

-rich