creating a boot tape

Bradley T. Freese freese at dalvm41b.vnet.ibm.com
Wed May 15 07:50:36 AEST 1991

joubert at afc-tci.UUCP (Joubert Berger) writes:

> I lost all our information about creating boot tapes.  I looked in
> info. but was abit confused.  Could someone tell me how to make a
> bootable tape.  I am doing some updates in the next couple of days and
> I don't want to be stuck without bootable media.

I hope I didn't get to this too late.  I can suggest contacting your
local IBM representative and asking for the "Flash" titled "Installation
Overview and Tips for AIX...".  It has a clear walk-through on making
bootable tapes and disks and other useful information.  It is rather
thorough (read: lengthy), so I did not want to just dump it here.
Furthermore, it is kept up to date as the system evolves.