HP-2000 Laser Printer through serial port...

Bradley T. Freese freese at dalvm41b.vnet.ibm.com
Wed May 15 07:50:32 AEST 1991

csko at cybaswan.UUCP (y w ko) writes:

> Hi,
>         Does anyone know how to configure a Virtual printer to drive a
> narrow carriage Epson parallel printer? I've been using the basic
> Other Parallel Printer setup and it doesn't work well if you
> have long lines.
>
>         Specifically, if you have a line longer than 80 chars, it does
> manage to wrap after the 80th char properly. But, the first char printed
> on the following line becomes the 82nd char rather than the 81st.

I tried this with a line width of 40 and had good results.  I recommend
using 'smit', "Spooler...", "Manage Local...", "Manage Local...",
"Virtual Printers", "Change/Show...".  Select the printer in question
and check the values for "_w" and "_L".  I set mine to '_w=40' and
'_L=+' and the printer cut lines over 40 characters in two.  I used the
"Other Parallel Printer" setup when I defined the printer.