3.1.5 fixed NNTP problem

Steve Roseman lusgr at vax1.cc.lehigh.edu
Thu May 30 00:06:41 AEST 1991

A few months ago I installed CNEWS and NNTP (my own conversion - is there a
"standard" one somewhere?) running under AIX 3.1.?.  The only thing that I knew
that didn't work was the NNTP GROUPS command returned 0 for the article number
fields, which gave problems only with 1 newsreader.  I finally got around to
debugging the problem yesterday under 3.1.5, and the problem (which appeared to
be with a chdir() call) went away with a simple recompile.

So, the point is:  if you have NNTP, and care, delete the nntp/server/*.o files
and recompile.

Steve

---
PS. to restate the above question, is there another "standard" NNTP version for
AIX 3?