RS/6000 sendmail HELO problem (AIX 3.1)

Rich Braun rbraun at spdcc.COM
Tue May 7 01:21:09 AEST 1991

I too have been having trouble with sendmail.  This is probably a general
question, rather than an RS-6000 question, so I'm asking for pointers
from any source (such as another newsgroup that I'm not familiar with).

I want to set up my RS-6000 as our company's main e-mail relay.  I have
two external sites willing to talk to us using uucp.  Internally I have
a small network of systems talking SMTP (well, once I get it configured
right).  I want to be able to type "mail foo at host.domain" from any
system on our network and have it figure out that the mail should go
first to the RS-6000 and then out over one of the uucp links.

The documentation I have from IBM and from SCO really doesn't say enough
about how to set this (rather common) scenario up.  Sendmail has been
driving me buggy.  Is there a simple-as-A-B-C configuration manual,
with sample configuration files, available somewhere on the Internet?

I'd also like to tie in cc:Mail.  Has anyone out there accomplished this
using Proteon's public-domain cc:Mail relay?

-rich