Batch scheduler wanted

Ross M. Dickson DICKSNR at QUCDN.QueensU.CA
Sat May 4 04:02:29 AEST 1991

Having run into the degraded performance of a multi-user RS/6000 system,
we would like to give our users the option of putting their large jobs
in a batch queue, from which jobs are then executed when the machine
load is low.  I'm sure such systems exist;  but I can't name any nor
decide where to look.

Anyone who can tell us about such a utility, *particularly* if it's already
being used under AIX 3, will receive considerable gratitude.

As usual, if response allows, a summary may be posted later.  Thanks in
advance.

Ross M. Dickson,  Theoretical Chemistry Group,  Queen's University at Kingston
 ross at chem.queensu.ca  OR  dicksnr at qucdn.queensu.ca  OR  dicksnr at qucdn.bitnet