How do I fix this mile wide security hole?

Mark Brown mbrown at testsys.austin.ibm.com
Fri May 3 03:03:56 AEST 1991

fangchin at elaine54.Stanford.EDU (Chin Fang) writes:
> Every now and then I have to be away from my RS6000 console.  Up to now
> I haven't found a good way to lock my console.  Xlock won't cut it since
> anyone can walk up to my console, ALT-CNTL-BKSP, kills X, and then do
> whatever s/he wants!

Look at the "-T" option on the command "X" which starts the X server.

             -or-
Lock the machine with your key. It will keep running, but the input devices
won't.

Mark Brown    IBM PSP Austin, TX.     (512) 823-3741   VNET: MBROWN at AUSVMQ
MAIL: mbrown at testsys.austin.ibm.com OR uunet!testsys.austin.ibm.com!mbrown
		Which came first: The Chicken or the Legba?
      DISCLAIMER: Any personal opinions stated here are just that.