AIX X-WIndows errata

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.uucp
Fri May 24 07:57:44 AEST 1991

Urgh.  I was looking for the Xwindows version of dbx (it's on the install
tape somewhere, right?) and while installing all the things that said X11
the disk ran out of space and the install broke.  Began investigating the
software that had made it on their, ran a few Makefiles in the Xamples
directory, and then logged off.  When I signed back on two things were
different:

The font size for the title bars in all the X windows had been changed to
a smaller one.

I couldn't get the menu by clicking on the desktop anymore.  I also
couldn't get window menus by clicking on the top bar, only the upper left
corner widget would work.

Then I signed on as root and the windows worked as they did before I
was playing around.  What's going on here?  Can someone tip me off on
a way to restore sane defaults?  And how can I make sure the "xde"
desktop program is brought up when a user signs on?

           Sincerely,
               Befuddled X User

--
Ed Ravin            | I'm sorry, sir, but POSTAL REGULATIONS don't allow
cmcl2!panix!eravin  | PLASTIC tape over PAPER tape and NYLON cord on an