Xibm fixes for RT(AOS) and PS/2

John F Carr jfc at athena.mit.edu
Wed May 22 07:13:45 AEST 1991

export.lcs.mit.edu:~ftp/contrib/Xibm-athena.tar.Z contains a collection of
fixes we have made to the Xibm server for the RT running BSD and PS/2
running AIX 1.2.  I've had enough requests for the changes that I've decided
to put them on export.  Some of these have appeared before (I placed a
smaller collection of changes on expo last year).  The changes for PS/2
include fixes for the ibm8514 code from a source I don't remember.

Partial list of changes:

	megapel cursor code improved

	megapel poly point code used to hang for large requests

	megapel GC clip region was calculated incorrectly when a
	GC was shared by several windows (this affected Andrew
	messages)

	ppc code to draw small rectangles was incorrect (rectangles
	smaller than line width were drawn very large); this affected
	megapel and 8514

	8514 had a number of bugs drawing proportionally spaced text;
	some of these have been fixed

	RT: try to open mouse again if first open fails (there is a
	kernel or hardware bug on our RTs which somestimes causes the
	mouse open to fail the first time)

	AIX: allow ttyname() to return NULL; fix bug which made uwm
	crash the server

The changes are in the form of a compressed tar file with replacements for
the files that have changed (270 KB total).

We are running these changes on RTs with megapel and apa16 displays, and on
PS/2s with 8514 (color and greyscale) and VGA displays.  There are still
some bugs in the 8514 code.

--
    John Carr (jfc at athena.mit.edu)