COMPILER LIMIT EXCEEDED error on cc -c !

hoberoi at eagle.wesleyan.edu hoberoi at eagle.wesleyan.edu
Thu May 2 04:55:38 AEST 1991

hi,
	I was trying to compile xps on the IBM RS6000 and got the following
error code

         cc  -I/usr/lpp/X11/Xamples -D_BSD -DAIXV3 -c state.c
    1500-008: (S) COMPILER LIMIT EXCEEDED in GetScreen: Program too complicated
to be compiled.
 Compilation ended. Reduce the complexity of the program and recompile, or
lower the level of optimization and recompile.
    1506-163: (S) Error recovery not possible. Compilation ended.

I am using the most recent version of xps from uunet.uu.net X/contrib

any quick solutions ?

AIX version 3.1 (30003)
machine: RS6000 530

himanshu.