GNU Development Possible?

Ethan Solomita es1 at cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
Thu Jan 10 10:03:25 AEST 1991

In article <MWM.91Jan9104359 at raven.relay.pa.dec.com> mwm at raven.relay.pa.dec.com (Mike (My Watch Has Windows) Meyer) writes:

>The only machine shipping with Unix is the A3000/25-100, with Unix
>software. This is a 25MHz 68030 with 4 Meg of SCRAM memory giving a
>zero-wait-state memory subsystem. You probably want to add another 4
>Meg of SCRAM (about $400, last time I looked, but prices should have
>fallen since then). It's also got coprocessors for lots of things, and
>should be nice and quick after the 16Mhz Mac. Price for that system is
>about $5000 for developers.

	Not at all! That system is $4,000. The other system is
really the A3000/25-200. It has a 200MB HD and 9MB RAM (1MB
chip). That is the one that costs $5,000.
	-- Ethan

	"Don't forget the importance of the family. It begins
with the family. We're not going to redefine the family.
Everybody knows the definition of the family. ... A child. ... A
mother. ... A father. There are other arrangements of the family,
but that is a family and family values."

	-- Dan Quayle, of course. Our beloved Vice President.
	It's just too easy!