Amiga 2500UX ??

Ethan Solomita es1 at cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
Thu Jan 31 10:33:04 AEST 1991

In article <224 at nos850.UUCP> joem at nos850.UUCP (Joe Muller) writes:

>     I don't want to sound too naive, but seeing as how I already have an
> Amiga 2500/030 equipped with a 5 MB RAM, a 40MB HD, and am using it with
>a NEC 3D Multisync monitor (BTW, currently I'm running SKSh, the closest
>thing I can find to a unix shell) APPROXIMATELY, how much $$$ would it
>cost me to turn this system into the full equivalent of a 3000UX ?  This
>would include another HD, more RAM, (Tape Drive ?), the OS itself, and any
>chips found in a stock 2500/030 not found in a 3000.

	Joe, minimally you'll need 5MB RAM, which you already
have, and a 100MB HD (almost all dedicated to Unix, depending on
whether you want X/OpenLook, Networking, Man pages, ...). The
only other thing you'll need is a tape drive cause that appears
to be how Commodore will be distributing Unix. You SHOULD be fine
otherwise, but I haven't heard any official word.

>-Jm
>
>P.S.   I have heard that Commodore will be touting a 1.44 MB High
>    Density drive with future 3000UX's.  Can AE's drive be used as a substitute
	I haven't heard anything about this.

	-- Ethan

	"It seemed like he appeared on every television show
except Wheel of Fortune. You see, he was afraid that Vanna might
turn over the 'L' word."
	-- George Bush attacking Michael Dukakis for going on TV