The Amiga UX, a unix workstation?

Bill Punch punch at pleiades.cps.msu.edu
Thu Jan 10 02:41:28 AEST 1991

So I susbscribed to these groups to get a handle on this new machine
I've saw discussed in the most recent BYTE. I've been looking for a
"combination" machine for sometime now and been dissatisfied. By
combination I mean a nice Mac-type GUI but also a full unix
implementation, and the ability to use both or switch back and forth.
The Mac AUX isn't worth mentioning and I'm not sold on the NeXT yet. So
what can anybody say about the UX? How does it do regular Amiga stuff.
How about unix, say compared to a Sun (slower sure, but complete, reasonable)?

					punch at pleiades.cps.msu.edu