SVR4 /bin/sh BUG

Rob Healey rhealey at kas.helios.mn.org
Thu Jun 20 13:59:53 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun17.234824.20461 at jato.jpl.nasa.gov> dave at jato.jpl.nasa.gov writes:
>>Why do *you* use csh?  What are the advantages (please be specific and
>>objective) of csh over ksh?
>Ksh doesn't have filename completion. (At least not that I know of)
>This is from a person who uses ksh, csh, and tcsh.

	Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztt. But thank you for playing...

	ksh has had completion for quite a few revs, under vi mode
	type ESC followed by either an * or an = over the string
	you want completed.

	Admittedly, the completion is different from classic csh and
	tcsh completion and requires an extra keystoke or so. But,
	comming from a System V background and oodles of Bourne shell
	scripts, there's no real good reason not to use ksh.

	Comming from the BSD relm I could understand strong resistance
	to anything not csh based.

		-Rob