Secure floppy filesyetms (was Re: interesting feature on AMIX..)

The Grand Master asg at sage.cc.purdue.edu
Thu Jun 27 04:19:24 AEST 1991

In article <2761 at amix.commodore.com> ag at amix.commodore.com (Keith Gabryelski) writes:
}dillon at overload.Berkeley.CA.US (Matthew Dillon) writes:
}>     There is no way to secure a floppy.
}
}Sure there is: one rule must be followed, though.  If a user mounts a
}filesystem then set[ug]id or device files on that fileystem should not work.
}
}Pax, Keith

That is not all.
Device files must also be ignored.
What if I use my Amiga3000UX at home and create a floppy with a
device file that has the device numbers of /dev/kmem, and then make it 777.
(It would be in my uid and not suid). Now I have a way to alter and/or poke
throught kernel memory no?
So device files must also be ignored.
			Bruce
---------
Courtesy of Bruce Varney           ###               #
aka -> The Grand Master                               #
asg at sage.cc.purdue.edu             ###    #####       #
PUCC                               ###                #