U Lowell board question (was Re: AMIGA 3000UX)

Keith Gabryelski ag at amix.commodore.com
Tue Jun 11 01:32:28 AEST 1991

logan at netxcom.netx.com (Jim Logan) writes:
> # If there are any other tidbits of info. out there that I should know
> # about, I would appreciate hearing them.
>
> You will have to buy a U Lowell board if you want to be able to have
> more than one 80x25 screen open at the same time.

Wrong.  The A2024 (Hedley Monitor) allows up to 1024x1024 resolution.

> I'm still not 100% sure that the U Lowell board will work with my
> 1950 monitor.  Does anyone else know?  Commodore?

I does.

> I'd love it if I could get 1024x768 (or whatever the highest
> resolution of the board is) on my 1950 monitor with 256 colors.

You may change the oscillators.  There are two, actually, and you may
switch between them.

Pax, Keith
--
Keith Gabryelski                                 Advanced Products Group
ag at amix.commodore.com                                 ...!cbmvax!amix!ag