U Lowell board question (was Re: AMIGA 3000UX)

Bela Lubkin filbo at deeptht.santa-cruz.ca.us
Fri Jun 21 03:25:50 AEST 1991

Dennis O'Connor wrote:

>For Example : IMHO 1K by 768 is wasted on anything less than a
>20" monitor like the Mitsubishi Diamond Scan I view as a write
>this missive. Said monitor costs $2000.

Come now.  Maybe your eyes are that bad; mine certainly aren't.  This
is being written on a 19", 1280x1024 greyscale monitor on which I can
*clearly* distinguish single-pixel differences.  The "/" character in
a tiny font looks very choppy, for instance.  I think it would take a
resolution of around 6000x4000 to make these pixel jaggies disappear.
(And an expen$ive CPU and memory system to push the pixels around...)

Bela Lubkin  * *  //  filbo at deeptht.santa-cruz.ca.us   Witty quote omitted...
     @     * *   //  belal at sco.com  ...ucbvax!ucscc!{deeptht!filbo,sco!belal}
R Pentomino  * \X/  Filbo @ Pyrzqxgl +1 408-476-4633 and XBBS +1 408-476-4945