VisionA-Card (was: X-Pert: "50 MHz 68040 card available")

Markus Illenseer markus at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Jun 14 21:47:06 AEST 1991

In article <VINSCI.91Jun11130347 at nic.nic.funet.fi>, vinsci at nic.funet.fi (Leonard Norrgard) writes:
[stuff about 040'card deleted]
|> Their Visiona 24bit graphics card isn't available yet (though they
|> showed it at Amiga '91 in Berlin about a month ago), but scheduled for
|> the end of the year. The version shown at the show didn't have a
|> hardware cursor, which they said they would include in the next
|> in-house version of the card. Programming info & libraries are
|> available now though. (I got mine in Berlin :-)
|>   For some reason they think that their MEM64 64Mb nibble mode memory
|> card won't have a market without it, so they plan to release them at
|> the same time. I suppose they're thinking of image manipulation as the
|> main market for the Visiona and that is of course memory intesive.
|> However one would think that it would be good for the Unix systems as
|> well!

I was just wondering about. CBM showed the Vision Card running in the A3000UX
on the Ami-Expo in Berlin. There was a screen device and a seperate Monitor.
But, recently, i am not very sure. Could someone else proove it ?

If it was not the card from X-Pert, then it was another card. But it was nice to
see the Amiga running X11R4 on a high-resolution card/monitor !
(With a 3-Button-Mouse from CBM  :-)

[address deleted]

--
CU, Markus

Markus Illenseer, Computer Science , University of Bielefeld, Germany
I read the news today, oh boys ... about a lucky man who made the grade ...