VisionA-Card (was: X-Pert: "50 MHz 68040 card available")

Leonard Norrgard vinsci at nic.funet.fi
Sat Jun 15 03:35:42 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun14.114706.2005 at unibi.uni-bielefeld.de> markus at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de (Markus Illenseer) writes:
   In article <VINSCI.91Jun11130347 at nic.nic.funet.fi>, vinsci at nic.funet.fi (Leonard Norrgard) writes:
   [stuff about 040'card deleted]
   |> Their Visiona 24bit graphics card isn't available yet (though they
   |> showed it at Amiga '91 in Berlin about a month ago), but scheduled for
   |> the end of the year. The version shown at the show didn't have a
   |> hardware cursor, which they said they would include in the next
   |> in-house version of the card. Programming info & libraries are
   |> available now though. (I got mine in Berlin :-)
   |>   For some reason they think that their MEM64 64Mb nibble mode memory
   |> card won't have a market without it, so they plan to release them at
   |> the same time. I suppose they're thinking of image manipulation as the
   |> main market for the Visiona and that is of course memory intesive.
   |> However one would think that it would be good for the Unix systems as
   |> well!

   I was just wondering about. CBM showed the Vision Card running in the A3000UX
   on the Ami-Expo in Berlin. There was a screen device and a seperate Monitor.
   But, recently, i am not very sure. Could someone else proove it ?

   If it was not the card from X-Pert, then it was another card. But it was nice to
   see the Amiga running X11R4 on a high-resolution card/monitor !
   (With a 3-Button-Mouse from CBM  :-)

I think CBM showed both the ULowell & the Visiona card, while X-Pert
showed a couple of Visionas in their stand. The Visiona cards were
prototypes.

   CU, Markus

   Markus Illenseer, Computer Science , University of Bielefeld, Germany

-- Leonard