g++ (was stdio.h incompatibility)

Malcolm Caldwell malcolm at pandanus.ntu.edu.au
Wed Jun 19 14:04:44 AEST 1991

>	1) FIX THE STANDARD ASSEMBLER  (best option by far)
>
>	2) USE GAS (which I have not yet installed, because this
>	   would imply remaking gcc, and I would prefer NOT to
>           have to do this)

I would say that getting gas to work is about your best bet.  Remaking gcc
is no problem as that is what you have done each time you recompile g++ (in
effect)

Besides, gas can probably produce better code than as (Believe it or not).
At least this is true on a sun3 here (68020).  It does a better job of branch
optimization.
Malcolm Caldwell                malcolm at pandanus.ntu.edu.au
Technical Officer
Computer Science
Northern Territory University, Darwin Australia