g++ (was stdio.h incompatibility)

Helge Egelund Rasmussen her at compel.UUCP
Thu Jun 20 17:36:52 AEST 1991

s000623 at kowande.bu.oz.au (Jason Patterson) writes:

>Installing (or trying to) g++ for AMIX is a nightmare!
>BUT... Don't get your hopes up...
>The following *BIG* problem still exists...
> **** THE STANDARD ASSEMBLER HATES $ SIGNS IN LABELS ****
>This is a big problem because EVERY constructor gets a $ sign
>put into it's "mangled" name by g++ (standard mangled names for
>constructors begin _$_).

Well, I haven't AMIX, and I'm working with g++.1.39.0, so might be wrong here...

Try to define
     NO_DOLLAR_IN_LABEL
in the tm.h, it should solve this problem.

This define is described in cplus_tree.h:
    Define NO_DOLLAR_IN_LABEL in your favourite tm file if your assembler
    doesn't allow '$' in symbol names.

Hope this will work for you, now if someone could port g++ to AmigaDos....

Helge
---
Helge E. Rasmussen  .  PHONE + 45 36 72 33 00  .  E-mail:  her at compel.dk
Compel A/S          .  FAX   + 45 36 72 43 00  .
Copenhagen, Denmark