SVR4 /bin/sh BUG

Bernd Felsche bernie at metapro.DIALix.oz.au
Fri Jun 14 14:27:36 AEST 1991

In <109310 at becker.UUCP> bdb at becker.UUCP (Bruce D. Becker) writes:

>	Agreed - so how about it Amiga unix guys,
>	we all know it works; will you do this for
>	the 2.0 release?

You will break compatabilty, and increase the system load. Compare the
object size of the Bourne and Korn shells.

I'd like the choice of having a heavyweight startup with "all the
fruit", or a quick start for "bare-bones". There is no need to weigh
down a simple interpreter with all the interactive niceties.

--
Bernd Felsche,                 _--_|\   #include <std/disclaimer.h>
Metapro Systems,              / sold \  Fax:   +61 9 472 3337