VisionA-Card (was: X-Pert: "50 MHz 68040 card available")

Bernd Raschke bdraschk at immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Jun 17 08:36:37 AEST 1991

markus at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de (Markus Illenseer) writes:

>I was just wondering about. CBM showed the Vision Card running in the A3000UX
>on the Ami-Expo in Berlin. There was a screen device and a seperate Monitor.
>But, recently, i am not very sure. Could someone else proove it ?
In the Unix-Corner of CBM`s booth (is this the right word???) there
were two A3000/UX with the 2410 (lowell board). There was also an A3000
with the Visiona card, running OS 2.0. They had some sort of workbench
support (copying the screenram to the visiona-video ram, quite slow) and
promised lots of libraries similar to graphics.l and intuition.l to make
proting as easy as possible.

>If it was not the card from X-Pert, then it was another card. But it was nice to
>see the Amiga running X11R4 on a high-resolution card/monitor !
It where both cards, but just one ran X. But a X device driver was promised,
too.
>(With a 3-Button-Mouse from CBM  :-)

>[address deleted]
>|> Enjoy,
>|>
>|> -- Leonard

>--
>CU, Markus

>[address deleted]
Ciao,
	bernd
---
Bernd 'The Real Arthur!' Raschke           |Only //
bdraschk at faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de | \\ // Amiga
hartmannstr. 129 8520 erlangen 09131 38244 |  \X/ makes it possible
               "You're only human, supposed to make mistakes..."