Epson specific printer driver

Frank J. Edwards crash at ckctpa.UUCP
Wed Jun 19 01:27:25 AEST 1991

In article <228 at kas.helios.mn.org> rhealey at kas.helios.mn.org (Rob Healey) writes:
>	Anybody done any work with the printer driver scripts in 1.1?
>	Specifically, the default script is kinda crummy for my
>	Epson 9-pin clone. I'm tempted to try to port some stuff that
>	was on my UNIX PC but that was for the R3.0 lp subsystem and
>	the R4 lp subsystem looks different enough to cause trouble.

Well, my Citizen MSP-50 (with color) only needed a terminfo entry,
which I call citi_msp, and everything runs fine.  I don't try to
stress out the printer, tho.

>	Also, anybody know if the nroff/troff on 1.1 is DITROFF or
>	the older stuff? I've got an old epson filter from my UNIX
>	PC that I'm going to try to get to work. I'll get nroff -ms
>	to output to my Epson as pretty as it was on my UNIX PC or
>	die trying!

I have no idea about the first question.  I do know that I had to
setup a file in /usr/ucblib/doctools/nterm called tab.msp in order
to use the "-Tmsp" option to nroff (instead of that option, the environment
variable TYPESETTER=msp could be used).  That file contains info on
how nroff can control the printer.  The format is obvious (?) after
you look through one of the other tab.* files...

>		-Rob

Hope this helps.
--
Frank J. Edwards		|  "I did make up my own mind -- there
2677 Arjay Court		|   simply WASN'T ANY OTHER choice!"