A3000UX: 16 vs 25 MHz version, Power-Up questions.

James A. Crotinger jac at gandalf.llnl.gov
Tue Jun 11 02:40:39 AEST 1991

  I have some questions concerning A3000's and the future '040
accelerator boards for them. If I buy a 16 MHz A3000 and add an '040
board to it, will the resulting machine be as fast as a 25 MHz A3000
with the same board in it? (Aside from the obvious difference if you
use the '030 as a coprocessor.) The bus runs at the same speed in both
machines, right? Any other differences?

  Also, it has been mentioned that the Power-Up program applies to the
A3000UX machines. What is the Power-Up price for the various UX
machines?  Is it still a flat $1500 off? Is this as good as the
Educational deal? Thanks for the info.

  Jim