Standalone UNIX and 1.1 upgrades

Rob Healey rhealey at kas.helios.mn.org
Wed Jun 5 13:46:38 AEST 1991

In article <1991May30.205309.18157 at swbatl.sbc.com> jburnes at swbatl.sbc.com (Jim Burnes - 235-7444) writes:
>ag at amix.commodore.com (Keith Gabryelski) writes:
>> --
>> Keith Gabryelski                                 Advanced Products Group
>> ag at amix.commodore.com                                 ...!cbmvax!amix!ag
>
>Keith:
>Whats your full internet address?  My name server doesnt seem to know
>about amix.commodore.com.  We just got a demo version of the A3000UXD
>here and could use a little bit of help once in a while.

	Two things:

	1) That is the full internet address, if your NS can't deal with
	   it then it probably needs a good kick in the keister.

	2) Keith and Richard are probably pretty busy people these days,
	   you might try normal C= support channels before flooding
	   Keith's and Richard's mailboxes. They've both been VERY
	   good at answering questions, better than any other vendor
	   I've ever delt with. But, if we start flooding them with
	   questions that REALLY belong in tech support then they
	   have less time to do their REAL work; providing an even
	   better OS to us UX'ers!

	   I'd say the best order is:

	   1) The man pages, there IS alot of info in them.
	   2) C= tech support, make 'em earn their $$$!
	   3) comp.unix.amiga
	   4) R4 manuals available in bookstores all over for perusing.
	   5) Fill mailboxes of the busy people.

	 My guess is most of the time, your question will be answered
	 by 1-4...

		-Rob