Hello to Amiga UNIX users

Travis Bissett tbissett at nstar.rn.com
Sun Jun 9 01:29:18 AEST 1991

jle at csgrad.cs.vt.edu writes:

> Our support operation for the students include sofware updates,
> cloning, UNIX support as well as hardware consulting.
>
> I will rest my fingers now. I will be glad to answer questions
> on our operation and feelings of the 3000. I will probably have
> questions to post to the net as well in the near future.

[tentative hand raising] Uh, I got a question. I know your bailiwick is comp
sci and support, but maybe you no some facts tangential to this. What kinds
of APPLICATIONS are actually runable on the A3000UX? I am specifically
interested in engineering and CAD applications. OK, I know about Maple. Any
others? The Autodesk guys at the NAtional Desing Show acted as though they'd
never even heard of System V release 4 ^^^DESIGN^^^ (darned typos!)
>From the way they talked AutoCAD would only be supported on MS-DOS and SPARC
platforms. I'm not a big AutoCAD fan but I'd like to see SOME market
interest in Amix. How 'bout Cognition, Inc.? They do good stuff that would
suit the A3000UX very well. Any clues?

Thanks...

Travis -- tbissett at nstar.rn.com

--
Travis Bissett       NSTAR conferencing site       219-289-0287/317-251-7391
internet: tbissett at nstar.rn.com              1300 newsgroups - 8 inbound lines