Motif package?

Murray John GILBERT s8922967 at ipc01.mqcs.mq.oz.au
Tue Jun 11 13:07:29 AEST 1991

In article <9044 at gollum.twg.com> david at twg.com (David S. Herron) writes:
>My impression is that bringing up Motif is simply a matter of
>compiling it.  At least that's how hard it was to bring up
>on our Sun's here.  Seeing as how X11 does a REALLY GOOD job
>of hiding system dependencies it should do a good job of
>hiding System V <--> SunOS dependencies.

It shouldn't be too hard too compile it on either of those systems.

I heard somewhere that Suns workstations are supposed to be using System V
in the near future anyway and that SunOS has sorta been becoming more and
more "V-like" in recent versions anyway, so I reckon that there probably
should not be any real bother compiling Motif on SVR4 for the Ami.
(mind you I have never used SVR4 nor seen the Motif code - correct any
misconceptions I have shown here)

- Murray.

Murray Gilbert       s8922967 at ipc01.mqcs.mq.oz.au