UNIX on Amiga 500?

Dave P. Schaumann dave at cs.arizona.edu
Mon Mar 11 12:43:50 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar9.231842.20395 at jack.sns.com> jtanner at jack.sns.com (Jason Tanner) writes:
>    A friend told me it is possible to run UNIX (Sys V) On an Amiga 500 since
>it uses a 68000 processor like an AT&t Unix-PC.  This is an exciting prospect!
>Is this true? If so what company manufactures it?

Since the 68000 doesn't have an MMU, it seems unlikely in the extreme that
UNIX will be available for an unmodified 500.  However, an A500 w/a 68030
processor card should have no problem.  You'd almost certainly want one
anyway, just for the enhanced performance.

Remember that a stock 500 is clocked at 7Mhz...

--
Dave Schaumann | dave at cs.arizona.edu | Short .sig's rule!