Mathematica

Herb Brown hb136 at leah.albany.edu
Sun Mar 31 23:27:26 AEST 1991

In article <kbxBPRW00XNI0HhWxB at cs.cmu.edu> Michael.Witbrock at cs.cmu.edu writes:
>I went to a talk about mathematica 2.0 by Wolfram a week or so ago, and
>I asked the (probably inevitable) ``when can I run Mathemeatica on my
>amiga'' and he said ``most people with amigas don't want programs like
>mathematica, and anyway, it's be too hard to port it to amigaos''.
>Leaving aside our inevitable indignation at these claims, there is
>something else that he said that might be useful. He said that it is
>very easy for them to port mathematica to Un*x machines, and that if it
>was to run on an amiga at all, the ``one that runs unix'' would be it.
>
>So, someone from commodore might like to contact Wolfram research and
>talk to them about porting mathematica to the 3000 UX.
>
>michael

Maple has been ported to the Amiga. The current version is 4.2. The newest
version will be Maple V. It is currently in beta testing for the Amiga and
will be ported to Amiga UNIX. It is an excellent pgm. We use it as our
primary software in our Amiga Classroom to teach a full range of mathematics
courses.
                                        Herb