What commercial end-user applications are exist NOW for the A3000UX?

Ethan Solomita es1 at cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
Sun Mar 31 23:08:41 AEST 1991

In article <46487 at ut-emx.uucp> greg at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Greg Harp) writes:

>So, my apologies if I am the only person who hasn't seen the ads, can you
>provide more details on the availability and price of Comeau C++?  I am not
>familiar with their compilers, so can you give some opinions of it, too?

	I haven't actually used it, but Comeau is apparently an
industry standard on many platforms. It requires SAS/C (purchased
separately) and costs $250 or $275, I forget which. It uses
cfront 2.1, so it translated from c++ to c and then compiles.
However, despite this you can use cpr to debug the C++ source
code.
	It is available now, but this has just started a few
weeks ago. You probably won't find it in dealers because they
aren't giving significant discounts. Ads I would imagine will
start appearing ASAP.
	I don't know the address, but they are in Queens, NY.
	-- Ethan

Q: How many Comp Sci majors does it take to change a lightbulb
A: None. It's a hardware problem.