Device driver development on a 3000UX

James Gardiner [Hunter] hunter at bacchus.esa.oz.au
Mon Mar 11 10:39:57 AEST 1991

>Kernel configuration/linking is not supported until version 2.0,
>coming soon...
        ^^^^

Gee I hate the word "SOON".
Like if I said that the world was going to end soon..
Would you be worried....   Narrrr..
Still got time to have a life and die from old age!!

Wait until they change it from "soon" to "real soon now"
kinda an evolution from.
"soon" Um going well.  it seems to work but having some small problems.
"real soon now" After redesigning it in the "soon" phase, it actually IS
close to release.  But then again, we may bump into another small bug
that has to work due to specs and step us back into the "soon" phase.

How long has it been in BJ4 now???
near a year......

FLAME FLAME...
"Sorry captain, did not mean to fire my afterburners..   CRRRK"
"Be more careful and get back here now.. CRRRK"
"Yes Sir.  OVER  CRRRK"

Hunter
James Gardiner [Hunter][hunter at bacchus.esa.oz.au]    Expert Solutions Australia
                 UUCP: ...!uunet!munnari!hunter at bacchus.esa.oz.au
                   ARPA: hunter%bacchus.esa.oz.AU at uunet.UU.NET