Device driver development on a 3000UX

Dave P. Schaumann dave at cs.arizona.edu
Tue Mar 12 11:23:52 AEST 1991

In article <hunter.668651997 at thomas> hunter at bacchus.esa.oz.au (James Gardiner [Hunter]) writes:
>>Kernel configuration/linking is not supported until version 2.0,
>>coming soon...
>        ^^^^
>
>Gee I hate the word "SOON".
>Like if I said that the world was going to end soon..
>Would you be worried....   Narrrr..
>Still got time to have a life and die from old age!!

Well, the trouble with the word "soon" is that it is completely devoid of any
objective meaning, and is also utterly dependant on context.  Not only that,
if the object of interest doesn't appear "soon", even from the producers
point of view, there is no way to "prove" them wrong.  All they have to do
is keep their mouths shut.

>Wait until they change it from "soon" to "real soon now"

Same argument.  BTW, is Workbench 2.0 supposed to be out for the Amiga < 3000
soon, or real soon now?  ;-)

"I can't wait forever -- even though you want me to:
 Time won't let me (oh, no!)"	- some '60s group...

--
Dave Schaumann | dave at cs.arizona.edu | Short .sig's rule!