saving Amiga-format disks

Herb Brown hb136 at leah.albany.edu
Tue Mar 12 23:47:33 AEST 1991

In article <27DC6091.3AA4 at ibma0.cs.uiuc.edu> rglaeser at sunc4.cs.uiuc.edu (Russell D Glaeser) writes:

>     The microcomputer resource center here on campus has a 3000UX hooked
>into our local network.  I was there recently wanting do download some
>large files quickly onto 3.5's for use on my non-unix machine.  The person
>there seemed to indicate that the unix box doesn't/can't write Amiga-format
>floppys.  Is this true?  If it isn't, how do you do it?  Do you have to be
>in workbench?  Please help, the prospect of downloading 2M at 1200 baud
>is frightening.
>
>Russ Glaeser
>rglaeser at cs.uiuc.edu

This question was asked in another group and the response seems to be to
use a program on the UNIX side called bru (or BRU? or Bru? or bRu? or ...).
On my 3000UX this 'bru' fellow is invisible! The manual mentions  cpio  and
the man pages mention  backup.
I mention the above confusion because I am also confused by it and would
appreciate clarification from anyone.

Would some kind soul clearly write instructions to accomplish this?

Many thanks,
                                Herb