Amiga 2500UX ??

Stephen Walton bcphyagi at csunb.csun.edu
Thu Mar 7 05:07:21 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar6.033824.10225 at cs.umn.edu> brsmith at cs.umn.edu (Brian R.
Smith) writes:

>>I think at least 8 meg of ram is a requirement to run X on any platform.
>
>Hardly a "requirement".  I've managed to get by on a 4 meg diskless
>sun 2.

I wonder how...I'm told by our systems people here that with both X and
OpenLook under SunOS 4.1.1, a screen refresh after a window drag is a
30 second operation (!!!) on a 4 MB diskless Sun 3/50 (12 MHz 68020).
Of course, he may have had GNU Emacs in a window...
--
Stephen R. Walton, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, Cal State Northridge
bcphyagi at csunb.csun.edu until my Suns come back up