UNIX on Amiga 500?

J. Eric Townsend jet at karazm.math.uh.edu
Sun Mar 17 07:00:58 AEST 1991

In <1991Mar9.231842.20395 at jack.sns.com> jtanner at jack.sns.com (Jason Tanner) writes:
>    A friend told me it is possible to run UNIX (Sys V) On an Amiga 500 since
>it uses a 68000 processor like an AT&t Unix-PC.  This is an exciting prospect!
>Is this true? If so what company manufactures it?

Unix-PCs (aka 3b1's and 7300's) had a 68010, not a 68000.  There's a big
difference.  The 3b1 also had memory protection (to the point that if
you want to direct-write into graphics memory you have to do a hardware
hack).

--
J. Eric Townsend - jet at uh.edu - bitnet: jet at UHOU - vox: (713) 749-2120
Skate UNIX or bleed, boyo...