Unix on the A2000 w/ which accellerator?

Hamish Macdonald himacdon at maytag.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 19 23:42:14 AEST 1991

>>>>> On Tue, 19 Mar 1991 12:40:47 GMT,
>>>>> In message <1991Mar19.124047.27083 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>,
>>>>> cs326ag at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) wrote:

Loren> I sure hope C= (or at least the marketing section) doesn't make
Loren> it so Amiga UNIX won't work on 3rd party hard drives
Loren> controllers and accelerators.

I think it would be up to the controller manufacturer to provide a
link-ready device-driver object module for Amiga Unix.

I would highly (*extremely* highly) doubt that there would be anything
in Amiga Unix to *prevent* adding one of these drivers.

I don't think it is Commodore's responsibility to provide the driver,
however.  Just to make it possible to use one supplied by the
controller vendor.

Hamish.