second thoughts on buying a 3000UX

Keith "Cheese Whiz" Gabryelski ag at amix.commodore.com
Tue Mar 5 06:21:23 AEST 1991

In article <1145 at applix.com> scotte at applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) writes:
>The rest of the time, I'm maybe moving windows, which the 486 can do faster
>on a 12MHz bus than the Amiga blitter on it's slow slow slow 7.14 MHz bus.

X11R3 under Amiga Unix doesn't use the blitter because for most operations
this would be slower.  So the point above is moot.

We are looking into using the blitter for operations that it is suited
for.  There is no reason for us to use the blitter in operations that
would only run slower with it [`DUH' sound goes here].

Pax, Keith
--
"[...] a POSIX implementation that |         Keith Gabryelski
returns errors for practially every|  Amiga Unix Software Development
operation is conformant (useless,  |      ag at amix.commodore.com
but conformant)."    -- Chris Torek|       ...!cbmvax!amix!ag