Amiga 3000UX, X, OpenLook, Motif, Color, A2410, Etc. (somewhat long)

James A. Crotinger jac at gandalf.llnl.gov
Thu Mar 28 08:53:48 AEST 1991

dlb5404 at tamuts.tamu.edu (Daryl Biberdorf) writes:

> Assuming the 3000UX ships with an ANSI C compiler, that's one thing
> you wouldn't have to buy!

> I find it totally ludicrous that an established, respected workstation
> vendor like Sun still doesn't give me a full ANSI compiler.

  I certainly can't defend Sun's lack of an ANSI compiler. However
it should be mentioned that said compiler is supposed to ship very
soon. It will be a layered product, though.

  What compilers come with the A3000UX? I was under the impression
that they were AT&T's pcc [non-ANSI] and gcc---the same things you can
currently get on the sun [and for the same price--"free"].

  Jim